The use of the buoys in the Cabrera archipelago which is very popular among yacht charter Mallorca crews has now to be paid for. Until the end of this summer season, overnight stays at the buoys in the national park south of Majorca was free of charter – sailors had only to apply for a permission before there cruise. However, the fees are relatively modest.
Depending on the ship’s length and season a night on the buoy in Cabrera now costs between € 7.50 for boats less than 12 meters from October to April, and 129 euros for boats 20-35 meters long in the high season.
Ship owners can apply for the bouys themselves – http://www.caib.es/govern/organigrama/area.do?lang=ca&coduo=114365) – for charter crews, the charter base is responsible for the reservation – most of the charter bases charge a small fee of 15 Euro for the handling.
Rates Low Season – October to April:
– White buoy (for vessels up to 12m): € 7.5 / daily
– Yellow buoy (for vessels over 12 meters to 15 meters in length): 12, – € / daily
– Orange buoy (for boats over 15m to 20m length): 21, – € / daily
– Red buoy (for boats over 20m to 35m length): 64.5 € / daily
Rates High Season – May – September:
– White buoy (for vessels up to 12m): 15 € / daily
– Yellow buoy (for vessels over 12 meters to 15 meters in length): 24 € / daily
– Orange buoy (for boats over 15m to 20m length): 42 € / daily
– Red buoy (for boats over 20m to 35m length): 129 € / daily
Most probably from 2013 on, users will also have to pay for the use of buoys in 6 buoy fields, aimed at protecting the Posidonia plants and installed only during the summer months in Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera, soon no longer be free. These buoys were very well accepted by sailing and motor yacht crews cruising the Balearic Islands in the 2012 season: a total of more than 12,500 nights were counted at those buoys – reservation under http://www.balearslifeposidonia.eu.
© 2019 Yachtcharter - Connection. All rights reserved